Walk Well | Live Well | Feel Well
- Appointments available fortnightly at Myphysio Baulkham Hills with Podiatrists Dr. Zohreh (Zara) Nikbin and Jacky Liu
- Home visits available by appointment only
- Book online now or call Baulkham Hills (02) 8872 5831
Services we offer:
Our podiatrists are experts in the study, diagnosis, and medical and surgical treatment of disorders of the foot ankle and lower extremity.
- Callus Removal
- Toe Nail Clipping
- Foot Massage
- Specialised Footware (at request)
- Bulk-billed Medicare and DVA claims
What is Podiatry?
(Information extracted directly from Allied Health Professions Australia)
A podiatrist is an expert in foot care. Podiatrists help people in the care of their lower limbs including the foot and ankle and may also be involved in supporting older people to reduce their risk of falling.
When should I see a podiatrist?
There are a wide range of reasons to see a podiatrist but some typical foot conditions include heel pain, bunions, ingrown toenails, tinea, corns and calluses.
Some typical examples of why someone might see a podiatrist are:
- Patient with diabetes and peripheral vascular disease, or neuropathy
- Clinical diagnosis or history of foot or lower limb deformity
- Clinical diagnosis of falls
- Soft tissue and muscular pathologies
- Circulatory diseases.
What services do podiatrists provide?
Podiatrists provide a wide range of services from the treatment of calluses to the treatment of bone and joint disorders. For conditions such as recurring sprains and chronic pain, podiatrists may prescribe foot orthoses.
The podiatrist’s scope of practice includes areas such as paediatrics, diabetes, sports injuries, structural problems, treatment of the elderly as well as general foot care.
Podiatrists with additional qualifications and registration may also perform foot surgery.