Improve your posture | Reduce your pain
- Appointments available at Myphysio Baulkham Hills with TB Dang. Call Baulkham Hills on (02) 8872 5831.
- Appointments available at Myphysio Epping with Alice Kim. Call Epping on (02) 9869 2572.
- Online bookings available
What is Clinical Pilates?
Clinical Pilates is a method of exercise taught by a physiotherapist instead of a Pilates instructor, to manage and treat a range of musculoskeletal conditions and injuries, or after surgery.
It focuses on strengthening and stretching muscle groups so that you are more resilient to muscular strain, joint pain, and injury, in order to improve your balance, breathing, control, core strength, focus, flexibility, strength, and posture.
Clinical Pilates sessions may help you to recover and strengthen after injuries and is sometimes done in conjunction with other forms of physical therapy. Clinical Pilates may also benefit clients with chronic conditions.
Prior to commencing clinical Pilates, your physiotherapist will conduct an assessment to determine your baseline function and identify any areas of impairments or dysfunction.
A rehabilitation program will be individualised based on the results of your assessment, and adapts as you improve, in order to exercise safely and effectively.
Benefits of Clinical Pilates
• Improved Core Strength
• Improved Flexibility
• Improved Balance and Co-ordination
• Better Posture
• Reduced Neck Pain & Lower Back Pain
• Injury Prevention
• Injury Rehabilitation
• Pre-natal and post-natal care
• General overall health