Available at Chatswood clinic, by Sarina Priori.
Continence and Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy is a specialised field of physiotherapy which involves the assessment and treatment of bladder, bowel and pelvic floor dysfunction in women, men and children. Our continence and pelvic floor physiotherapist Sarina Priori will take a thorough history and perform a physical examination, which may include real-time ultrasound, in a private and comfortable room.
Sarina will look at all contributing factors to your condition including bladder habits, bowel function, lifting and exercise and provide you with a guided and comprehensive treatment plan, addressing all factors.
Treatments include education about your current condition, muscle rehabilitation program, including strengthening or stretching/ relaxation, bladder and bowel regimes, electrical stimulation, biofeedback and use of vaginal pessaries if required.
The continence and pelvic floor physiotherapist can assist WOMEN with:
- Urinary and faecal incontinence
- Postnatal pelvic floor weakness
- Abdominal diastasis / separation
- Vaginal prolapse
- Pelvic and painful intercourse
- Constipation and defecation disorders
- Recurrent UTI
The continence and pelvic floor physiotherapist can assist MEN with:
- Pre and post-operative prostatectomy pelvic floor instruction, including the use of real-time ultrasound
- Faecal incontinence
- Pelvic pain
The continence and pelvic floor physiotherapist can assist CHILDREN with:
- Day and night time wetting
- Urinary frequency and urgency
- Faecal soiling